I am so excited to have our sweet girl home for her 2nd birthday! When she woke up this morning, the boys ran into her room to sing to her and wish her a happy birthday. I don’t think she had a clue what was going on but she loved all the attention. She is such a happy girl. I know she appears so somber and serious in all the pictures but she is all smiles and laughs at home. She turns on her serious face every time I pull out the camera.
A little about our girl at 2 years old:
- She is very strong willed. She can hold her own in this house of boys.
- She loves to eat. She would eat ALL day long if I would keep filling her snack trapper. Her favorite is Kix cereal.
- She loves to dress up in my shoes. She also loves to wear necklaces and bracelets. She brings me her bows to put in her hair. I love that she loves all this girl stuff!
- While she does love girl things, she also enjoys playing ball with the boys and can play rough. She is pretty rough with her baby dolls too. We are working on gentleness and hopefully she’ll learn soon. 🙂
- She loves to be held! If she even thinks I am about to put her down, she draws her legs up and holds on tight.
- She loves when Zach flips her. She wants to do it over and over.
- She has Carter and Seth wrapped around her little finger. If she starts crying at all, they immediately run to her to see what she needs. They adore her and tell everyone they meet that they have a new little sister. Ethan treats her just like I would have expected. They butt heads quite often and are very competitive with each other.
Some day I want to do a blog post about this entire adoption experience from start to finish. I knew I had plenty of love for another child and I knew I would love the child that God picked out for our family. But I have been amazed at how strong and instant the bond is between Molly Kate and the rest of our family. We LOVE her so much. There are times I look at her running around the house and still can’t believe that she is finally home. My next thought is that I can’t imagine life without her. She is SO much a part of this family and we are so thankful to be able to celebrate this day with her!
Our sweet girl before church on Sunday morning. A rare smile for the camera!
Our more serious girl. 🙂
Birthday picture with Mom.
Birthday picture with Dad. Of course, we spent the evening at the ball field.
Our sweet girl eating her snack at the ball field. Happy Birthday, Molly Kate!
One thought on “Happy Birthday, Molly Kate!”
Oh I love this post! What a beautiful little girl she is and I love that you have her personality down to a tee! She is truely a perfect fit to your family!
P.S. I bought that little sister shirt for P for next year! 🙂