My sweet Seth turned 5 today! This next year will be an exciting one for him – first season of baseball and starting Kindergarten. I just can’t believe it. I am not ready to give him up 5 days a week and he will not want to leave home 5 days a week. He is quite a homebody. He loves to stay home and would be happy to stay home all day, every day. A few more things about Seth at 5:
- He is very social. When he played his first season of soccer in the fall, he really didn’t care at all about the game. He was much more concerned about talking with all his new friends and high-fiving everyone on the field.
- He is still our comedian. He loves to makes us laugh and is very good at it.
- He is a GREAT big brother to Ethan. He is very protective of him and helps me take care of him a lot during the day.
- He is by far my pickiest eater. It is very frustrating trying to find healthy foods for him to eat. I think he would live on chicken nuggest, goldfish, and bananas. When asked his favorite food, he was quick to answer “candy.”
- He is obsessed with Power Rangers and Ninjago. He will still watch the Disney Junior shows with Ethan (Mickey Mouse, Diego, etc…) but would prefer to watch the other two shows.
- He is really struggling with being afraid right now. He is terrified to go into a room where the light isn’t on (even in the daytime). He won’t even walk past Zach’s office without someone holding his hand because he thinks it is scary. He sleeps with Carter most nights (or else we would be up with him numerous times during the middle of the night).
- He really cares about his clothes and the way he looks. He likes to pick out what he wears every morning and even wants to pick out his pajamas every night. 🙂
Happy Birthday, Seth!! I can’t believe it has been 5 years!!
One flash back picture – Seth at 2 months old. 🙂
I heard him at 6:45 this morning – “it’s my birthday, it’s my birthday, hey everyone, it’s my birthday!”
Super excited about his new Power Rangers!
All three boys checking out the new toys.
Seth wanted me to make him a birthday cake (he’ll have his real cake at his family party next weekend). I left icing off one side because Seth doesn’t like frosting.
He wore his birthday hat all morning until he traded it in for this one…
The birthday hat he got to wear at school today. For his birthday treat at school he asked to take donuts. Zach took him to Krispy Kreme this morning to pick out donuts for his friends and teachers. He was very excited to show his Daddy the birthday hat when Zach walked him in to school. 🙂