To my sweet Seth! I wanted to post this on Sunday, but it just didn’t happen. My sweet middle child celebrated his 3rd birthday on Sunday. Seth pretty much wakes up in a good mood every morning and Sunday was no exception. He opened his two presents before we left for church. He was very excited with his new dragon and Bible (he tries to take Carter’s Bible all the time). He carried his Bible to church and the dragon rode in the car with us. He picked Dimples Deli for lunch because they serve waffles. After church and lunch we went home to get ready for our Life Group Superbowl party. He loved having a lot of his friends over that night and enjoyed some yummy ice cream cake for dessert.
Some things about Seth at 3 years old:
- As mentioned above, he is such a morning person. He doesn’t sit still from the time he wakes up (he is not a tv watcher) until he goes to bed.
- He is so funny (and he knows it!). He is the comedian in our family. He makes us laugh so hard.
- Despite the fact that he appears to be very outgoing at home, he is rather quiet in big groups. He stays close to Zach or I when we are in large groups. Carter will run off and play with his friends, but Seth won’t.
- He wants to do everything Carter does. I’m sure this is normal for a younger sibling. When I asked him how old he was going to be on his birthday, he informed me that he would be 5 too. We are trying to teach Carter just how powerful his influence will be on his little brothers.
- He still sleeps around 11 hours at night and takes a 1-2 hour nap each day. He is giving up the pappy (pacifier) tonight! 🙂
- He loves to eat (especially sweets). He would love to snack all day and his favorite drink is orange juice.
- He loves preschool, but he loves staying home even more. He is thrilled every Wednesday to stay home with me while Carter goes to preschool. I need to enjoy this…soon enough he will prefer to be at school.
- He is obsessed with the Lion King. After our trip to Disney World and seeing the Lion King live show there, he asks to watch the movie at least once a week (and he doesn’t even like to watch tv). He knows all the characters’ names and walks around the house singing “Hakuna Matata.” 🙂
Today we will celebrate with a party at Chuck-E-Cheese. He is VERY excited! Stayed tuned for pictures of the party. Here are some pictures from his actual birthday: